Diseases affecting head and neck region are numerous ranging not only limited to teeth and gums but also orofacial pain and cancer conditions. Diagnosis of these conditions and their medical treatment has been the main stay of Oral Medicine and Radiology. Here, the oral and maxillofacial diseases are diagnosed and treated using conventional and advanced technologies. Digital dentistry refers to the use of technologies and devices that incorporates digital or computer-controlled components to carry out the dental procedures. The Department of Oral medicine and Radiology at JSS Dental college has been incorporating concepts of advanced engineering, machine learning and artificial intelligence to render accuracy and prompt services.
- Advanced diagnostics including intraoral camera, ultra-modern light-based devices for the early detection of oral precancer and cancer detection
- Sophisticated ingenious digital intraoral and extraoral imaging devices belonging to indirect digital and direct digital segments are available
- Advanced treatment equipment’s - Lasers, in-office and pocket TENS, Transdermal stimulators like SCENAR are available
- 3-Dimensional advanced imaging of teeth, jaws and face using cone- beam technology (CBCT) along with its extended advanced uses like 3D reconstructions, Implant planning, jaw and tooth segmentation, airway analysis has been a routine workflow
- Extended applications such as 3D printing using 3D scan
Numerous national and international projects and clinical trials on deep machine learning and artificial intelligence incorporation in various imaging applications and precancerous and cancerous detection have been completed.